Monday, April 19, 2010

Where I'm at...

I've rented an apartment in Buenos Aires, rather than stay in a hotel for three weeks. I've tried this out previously in Reykajavik, and in Mexico, to great success, so I thought I'd go to the well again, and I'm very pleased with how this has turned out.

After much poking around online, I found a loft type flat in the San Telmo neighbourhood of Buenos Aires. This is the main floor:

 

A reverse view from the tiny kitchen:
 

And upstairs, the bedroom, with a lovely full bath attached:
 

The neighbourhood is central, lovely, and reminds me a bit of Merida in the Yucatan for the way buildings shove up against each other, yet are still fabulously decorated and ornate. San Telmo is the historic part of BA, full of cobblestones and important sites. Tomorrow, I plan to stroll about and report back on my findings.

2 comments:

judyluk said...

That's just adorable!

John Mutford said...

Wonderful! That beats a hotel room any day.